Interested in forming / belonging to a Liberal Club?
Do you want to be part of a like-minded group of women desiring to form a Club or Affiliate separate from the Riding Association in your geographic area? You have the option of forming / belonging to a Liberal Club / Affiliate subject to governance through the National Women’s Liberal Commission Constitution (NWLC).
Here’s what to do:
A club is formed when a group of at least 10 women Liberals hold a founding meeting, elect an interim executive and adopt a constitution or set of bylaws. To be recognized by the NWLC, a club must have at least 25 members; and,
- hold an annual meeting for the purpose of electing an executive;
- forward the club’s original constitution/bylaws on formation and any amendments that might be made from time to time, to the manager of the NWLC;
- forward to the NWLC manager annually: minutes of the club’s annual general meeting and a list of both executive and membership;
To be recognized by a provincial/territorial women’s Liberal commission;
- a club must be duly constituted at a formal meeting and must have at least 25 members in good standing;
- a letter asking for recognition must be sent to the provincial/territorial women’s Liberal commission; the letter should enclose the following documents:
- the minutes of the founding meeting indicating the date, place and names with address and telephone numbers of the people attending the meeting
- a membership list with the names, addresses and telephone numbers of the members and the executive
- the constitution or bylaws of the club
- a letter signed by the club president stating that all members of the club are in good standing (i.e. they have paid their dues);
- the provincial/territorial women’s Liberal commission will study the documents and will forward a letter of recognition to the club
- the club is responsible for forwarding a copy of this letter of recognition to the NWLC manager.
Click for the Membership Form, required for accreditation: Liberal Membership – Adhesion Liberal